Open Source Strategies

A blog about open source software and business models, enterprise software, and the opentaps Open Source ERP + CRM Suite.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Where Have I Been?

If you've read this blog in the past, you may have wondered where I've been all these past five months. In truth, I often wonder myself--the last five months have gone by like a blur, as we've been doing a tremendous amount of work for both the opentaps open source ERP + CRM project and for the soon-to-graduate-from-incubation Apache OFBiz project.

Happily, all is for naught. opentaps and OFBiz have both come a long way in these past months, with better features and stability and more users and contributors.

The down-and-dirty work of making an open source ERP system work for real users is not necessarily glamorous, but it's definitely given me a better perspective on the how and why of open source ERP. Some of it falls in line with what we had expected, but some of it were quite surprising--in a good way. I hope to share that with you in the coming weeks.

Ok, now back to work.

Bookmark and Share